Minutes Of Meeting 29/08/2018

Minutes Honeybourne Neighbourhood Plan meeting

29/8/2018 @ 7.15pm ‐ Small meeting Room at Village Hall

Attendance

BB (BPA), MB, AW, JW, WP, HJ, SN, CJ

Actions in red

Housing Site policy

Group discussed the housing updated draft housing policy. (Attached separately)

 BB explained proposed layout of policies: evidence and issues presented ahead of

each policy followed by brief reasoned justification. Group supported this approach.

 BB to approach Wychavon and to research whether they would be supportive of a

holding tank on a scheme this size or whether a more natural approach of an

attenuation pond is preferred.

 WP to provide input/ layout for Green Infrastructure/ connections. BB to liaise with

WP ahead of next meeting to finalise these elements of the policy.

 BB to add in requirement for allotments within GI section.

 BB to add in wording to ensure that any recreational facilities that are provided

should address areas where there is a shortfall in play facilities for example teen age

group rather than duplicate existing young play facilities that are available on the

adjacent site.

 The NDP group would like to progress all policies further before inviting promoters

of site in to discuss the policy at a meeting. BB advised that meeting the promoter

would be beneficial in terms of identifying any policy requirements that may not be

achievable, or could be refined; the promoter may also have other ideas that the

group have not yet considered. It also means that the promoter / developer

understand more fully the NDP groups’ aspirations for the site.

 BB to circulate revised draft policy ahead of next meeting.

Housing Mix and Type policy

 Group preferred to split this policy into two. First to deal with mix second to deal

with type.

 Agreed to change the requirement for the mix policy to commence on schemes of

five or more dwellings rather than three to align with the SWDP.

 BB to investigate further whether other NDPs had successfully included a

requirement for a percentage of market homes to be marketed as a priority to those

with a local connection. BB to find Section 106 associated with the Harbury scheme

to identify how this was implemented. BB advised that it may be better/ more viable

to add this requirement to the site specific housing policy rather than in the housing

mix policy. However by including it in the housing mix policy, should Wychavon

allocate an additional site in the Parish during a plan review then this would apply to

them.

 With regard to type policy BB to add for market and affordable homes and add

reference to adaptable homes. BB to circulate ahead of next meeting.

Design policy

 SN present 3 different policies group were supportive of overarching policy, new

build policy and extensions / alterations policy.

Overarching policy

 BB to provide SN with Cotswold materials for paths etc. so that examples can be

added under the links and connections section.

 BB to liaise with SN to assist with reasoned justification.

Policy for New builds

 Under siting and layout first bullet point change ‘in the site’ to in the local area.

 Bullet point 1 under Materials SN to adapt wording to reflect the need to use local

materials so that new buildings are in keeping but remove the need for them to

match exactly – too prescriptive.

 Bullet 4 under materials re energy efficiency use the word encourage.

 Bullet 5: remove reference to wind turbines.

 Under facilities amend parking standards to 2018. BB to send SN latest guidance.

 BB/ SN to produce appropriate footnotes.

 BB to liaise with SN to refine and circulate policies and associated text ahead of the

next meeting.

Green Infrastructure policy

 Group liked Bidford GI policy and felt that elements of this could be used to enhance

the housing site policy and that it would be beneficial to have a separate GI policy as

well. BB to flag to WP as she had left the meeting at this point. BB/ WP to circulate

draft policy ahead of next meeting.

Reducing Flood Risk policy

 Group keen to include a policy on this based on community engagement.

 SN to draft policy and liaise with BB ahead of next meeting. BB to provide supporting

text.

 BB will circulate ahead of next meeting.

Connectivity ‐cycling and footpaths policy

 BB shared Bidford example. This was identified through the questionnaire. BB to

provide examples of this type of policy and to circulate ahead of next meeting.

Community facilities policy

 BB to provide examples of this type of policy and to circulate ahead of next meeting.

AOB

 BB shared community led housing leaflet with group. Group to read and consider

and if have any questions / queries to email them directly to BB to approach

Wychavon for answers/ better understanding.

Next meeting

Tbc either 26th September / 3rd October subject to group availability.

Minutes Honeybourne Neighbourhood Plan meeting

29/8/2018 @ 7.15pm ‐ Small meeting Room at Village Hall

Attendance

BB (BPA), MB, AW, JW, WP, HJ, SN, CJ

Actions in red

Housing Site policy

Group discussed the housing updated draft housing policy. (Attached separately)

 BB explained proposed layout of policies: evidence and issues presented ahead of

each policy followed by brief reasoned justification. Group supported this approach.

 BB to approach Wychavon and to research whether they would be supportive of a

holding tank on a scheme this size or whether a more natural approach of an

attenuation pond is preferred.

 WP to provide input/ layout for Green Infrastructure/ connections. BB to liaise with

WP ahead of next meeting to finalise these elements of the policy.

 BB to add in requirement for allotments within GI section.

 BB to add in wording to ensure that any recreational facilities that are provided

should address areas where there is a shortfall in play facilities for example teen age

group rather than duplicate existing young play facilities that are available on the

adjacent site.

 The NDP group would like to progress all policies further before inviting promoters

of site in to discuss the policy at a meeting. BB advised that meeting the promoter

would be beneficial in terms of identifying any policy requirements that may not be

achievable, or could be refined; the promoter may also have other ideas that the

group have not yet considered. It also means that the promoter / developer

understand more fully the NDP groups’ aspirations for the site.

 BB to circulate revised draft policy ahead of next meeting.

Housing Mix and Type policy

 Group preferred to split this policy into two. First to deal with mix second to deal

with type.

 Agreed to change the requirement for the mix policy to commence on schemes of

five or more dwellings rather than three to align with the SWDP.

 BB to investigate further whether other NDPs had successfully included a

requirement for a percentage of market homes to be marketed as a priority to those

with a local connection. BB to find Section 106 associated with the Harbury scheme

to identify how this was implemented. BB advised that it may be better/ more viable

to add this requirement to the site specific housing policy rather than in the housing

mix policy. However by including it in the housing mix policy, should Wychavon

allocate an additional site in the Parish during a plan review then this would apply to

them.

 With regard to type policy BB to add for market and affordable homes and add

reference to adaptable homes. BB to circulate ahead of next meeting.

Design policy

 SN present 3 different policies group were supportive of overarching policy, new

build policy and extensions / alterations policy.

Overarching policy

 BB to provide SN with Cotswold materials for paths etc. so that examples can be

added under the links and connections section.

 BB to liaise with SN to assist with reasoned justification.

Policy for New builds

 Under siting and layout first bullet point change ‘in the site’ to in the local area.

 Bullet point 1 under Materials SN to adapt wording to reflect the need to use local

materials so that new buildings are in keeping but remove the need for them to

match exactly – too prescriptive.

 Bullet 4 under materials re energy efficiency use the word encourage.

 Bullet 5: remove reference to wind turbines.

 Under facilities amend parking standards to 2018. BB to send SN latest guidance.

 BB/ SN to produce appropriate footnotes.

 BB to liaise with SN to refine and circulate policies and associated text ahead of the

next meeting.

Green Infrastructure policy

 Group liked Bidford GI policy and felt that elements of this could be used to enhance

the housing site policy and that it would be beneficial to have a separate GI policy as

well. BB to flag to WP as she had left the meeting at this point. BB/ WP to circulate

draft policy ahead of next meeting.

Reducing Flood Risk policy

 Group keen to include a policy on this based on community engagement.

 SN to draft policy and liaise with BB ahead of next meeting. BB to provide supporting

text.

 BB will circulate ahead of next meeting.

Connectivity ‐cycling and footpaths policy

 BB shared Bidford example. This was identified through the questionnaire. BB to

provide examples of this type of policy and to circulate ahead of next meeting.

Community facilities policy

 BB to provide examples of this type of policy and to circulate ahead of next meeting.

AOB

 BB shared community led housing leaflet with group. Group to read and consider

and if have any questions / queries to email them directly to BB to approach

Wychavon for answers/ better understanding.

Next meeting

Tbc either 26th September / 3rd October subject to group availability.

Minutes of Meeting 29-07-2018

Summary Honeybourne Neighbourhood Plan meeting

25/7/2018 @ 7.15pm ‐ Small meeting Room at Village Hall

Attendees

BB ( BPA), SJ, JG,CJ, SL, HJ, WP, MC, SN, DH, MB

ACTIONS IN RED

Results from consultation event

BB presented the results from the public event on the 7th and 8th of July/ (attached on

separate pdf.

 Overall support for Vision and Objectives one change to add bridleways to Objective

3:

To protect and enhance the local natural environment for the benefit of future

generations including green and open spaces, wildlife corridor’s, public footpaths and

bridleways.

 Preferred housing site to be taken forward into the Plan will be the Land to the rear

of Harvard Avenue (behind Badham’s garage).

 All but one green space well supported. Land to the rear of Harvard Avenue (behind

Badham’s garage) to be removed from list of Local green Spaces.

The agent promoting the land to the rear of Harvard Avenue and some of the owners then

left the meeting once they had heard the results of the consultation event. It was agreed

that the group would be in touch with the agent at a later date to discuss policy /

masterplan as they needed to consider the site further.

Policy options/ development

Housing site policy

The group considered a concept Plan that the agents promoting Land to the rear of Harvard

Avenue had submitted prior to the consultation. They also reviewed the constraints and

opportunities identified through the site assessment. Concern was raised over the amount

usable green space, maintaining existing public footpath routing and density.

BB presented a draft policy as a starting point for discussion. Group considered attenuation

pond and agreed that one of the criteria should read:

An attenuation pond is provided to address surface water issues on the site and to

mitigate flooding to new and neighbouring development.

Other matters discussed resulted I the following actions:

 BB to check with Wychavon the extent of buffer zone for gas pipeline to insert into

policy.

 BB to draft content regarding noise assessment and to identify whether there is a

need for sound barrier e.g. fencing or planting.

 WP to explore options for footpaths, connections, green spaces and the retention of

native planting etc. on the site.

 All these amends to be prepared ahead of the next meeting.

Housing Mix Policy

Group discussed Housing mix policy and requested that we include reference to

maisonettes not flats.

 BB to look at Harbury and Wolston to explore potential of local connection

restriction within policy.

 BB will bring a revised policy to next meeting

Local Green Space Policy

Group agreed general policy wording at last meeting –

 BB to remove reference to Land behind Harvard Avenue from list following

consultation results.

Design

Group discussed draft design policy provided by SN. They agreed that they would like a

separate policy for different types of building projects e.g. new build residential, extensions,

employment use etc.

For new build dwellings would like to see reference to ridge heights included. They also

discussed adding detail regarding storage for bins and recycling, the use of renewable

energy in design, water butts rainwater harvesting, and adding information about boundary

treatments e.g. walls, fences, hedges etc. BB suggested SN refer to Wychavon Conservation

Area Appraisal for information on design, detailing, boundary treatments etc. and review it

to see if additional locally distinctive elements can be included in the policy. BB also stated it

would also be beneficial for SN to review the SWDP Design Guide SPD as they don’t want to

duplicated policy that already exists.

It was discussed that landscaping and natural environment may be dealt with better under a

separate policy. We need to confirm this at the next meeting. WP to look at landscape

character areas as set out by the county council and to look including information about

native standard trees.

WP and SN to liaise over these policy areas ahead of the next meeting.

Next meeting will finalise these policy areas.

Next meeting 29th August 2018 7:15pm small room at Village Hall

Minutes of meeting 25-06-2018

Summary Honeybourne Neighbourhood Plan meeting

25/7/2018 @ 7.15pm ‐ Small meeting Room at Village Hall

Attendees

BB  ( BPA) SJ, JG, CJ, SL, HJ, WP, MK, SN, DH, MB

ACTIONS IN RED

Results from consultation event

BB presented the results from the public event on the 7th and 8th of July/ (attached on

separate pdf.

 Overall support for Vision and Objectives one change to add bridleways to Objective

3:

To protect and enhance the local natural environment for the benefit of future

generations including green and open spaces, wildlife corridor’s, public footpaths and

bridleways.

 Preferred housing site to be taken forward into the Plan will be the Land to the rear

of Harvard Avenue (behind Badham’s garage).

 All but one green space well supported. Land to the rear of Harvard Avenue (behind

Badham’s garage) to be removed from list of Local green Spaces.

The agent promoting the land to the rear of Harvard Avenue and some of the owners then

left the meeting once they had heard the results of the consultation event. It was agreed

that the group would be in touch with the agent at a later date to discuss policy /

masterplan as they needed to consider the site further.

Policy options/ development

Housing site policy

The group considered a concept Plan that the agents promoting Land to the rear of Harvard

Avenue had submitted prior to the consultation. They also reviewed the constraints and

opportunities identified through the site assessment. Concern was raised over the amount

usable green space, maintaining existing public footpath routing and density.

BB presented a draft policy as a starting point for discussion. Group considered attenuation

pond and agreed that one of the criteria should read:

An attenuation pond is provided to address surface water issues on the site and to

mitigate flooding to new and neighbouring development.

Other matters discussed resulted I the following actions:

 BB to check with Wychavon the extent of buffer zone for gas pipeline to insert into

policy.

 BB to draft content regarding noise assessment and to identify whether there is a

need for sound barrier e.g. fencing or planting.

 WP to explore options for footpaths, connections, green spaces and the retention of

native planting etc. on the site.

 All these amends to be prepared ahead of the next meeting.

Housing Mix Policy

Group discussed Housing mix policy and requested that we include reference to

maisonettes not flats.

 BB to look at Harbury and Wolston to explore potential of local connection

restriction within policy.

 BB will bring a revised policy to next meeting

Local Green Space Policy

Group agreed general policy wording at last meeting –

 BB to remove reference to Land behind Harvard Avenue from list following

consultation results.

Design

Group discussed draft design policy provided by SN. They agreed that they would like a

separate policy for different types of building projects e.g. new build residential, extensions,

employment use etc.

For new build dwellings would like to see reference to ridge heights included. They also

discussed adding detail regarding storage for bins and recycling, the use of renewable

energy in design, water butts rainwater harvesting, and adding information about boundary

treatments e.g. walls, fences, hedges etc. BB suggested SN refer to Wychavon Conservation

Area Appraisal for information on design, detailing, boundary treatments etc. and review it

to see if additional locally distinctive elements can be included in the policy. BB also stated it

would also be beneficial for SN to review the SWDP Design Guide SPD as they don’t want to

duplicated policy that already exists.

It was discussed that landscaping and natural environment may be dealt with better under a

separate policy. We need to confirm this at the next meeting. WP to look at landscape

character areas as set out by the county council and to look including information about

native standard trees.

WP and SN to liaise over these policy areas ahead of the next meeting.

Next meeting will finalise these policy areas.

Next meeting 29th August 2018 7:15pm small room at Village Hall

Minutes of Meetings 23-05-2018

Minutes Honeybourne Neighbourhood Plan meeting

23/05/2018 @ 7.15pm ‐ Small meeting Room at Village Hall

Attendance
BB (BPA) W.P HJ SN MB MB
Actions in Red
BB ran through the actions from the previous meeting to confirm that they had all been
completed except the updating of the Background papers which BB will complete and
circulate based on decisions made at this meeting.
1. Consultation event
BB circulated the updated draft boards. Amendments were discussed and agreed –
revised boards to be sent to attendees. Some minor tweaks to the vision and objectives
were made based on SN’s proposed amends; most notably objective 6 to be changed to an
aspiration.
BB to draft some content for boards on aspirations around the idea that not all the
comments received from the community can be dealt with through planning policy.
However, they have not been forgotten and will be recorded under a section of the plan
called aspirations and this will be used by the parish council and community groups to
identify areas of community concern and as an action list to focus on over the plan period.
BB to add ‘behind Badham’s Garage’ to the description of the Land to the rear of
Harvard Avenue.
Land off Bretforton Road –it was agreed that this site is to be put forward on its own
and also as a combined option with the land behind Corner Farm, as the latter cannot be
accessed without using the land off Bretforton Road. The public can choose between a site
of approximately 15 dwellings or 35 dwellings. BB to edit boards and SN to update site
assessments to reflect these changes. SN to provide updated photographs.
A fourth option was discussed and agreed that the site adjacent to Fair Acres should
also be presented to the public as the group considered it is a viable option to present to the
community. BB to edit boards and SN to update site assessment to reflect these changes. SN
to provide updated photographs. SN to update mapping tool with this site.
BB also raised concern that site option 6 (land south of All things Wild) hadn’t been
assessed. For consistency an assessment needs to be completed. The group confirmed there
was no suitable access to the site therefore it should be ruled out. BB to update background
paper to this effect.
Local Green Space. Group tweaked the introduction board.
Mill Mound entry to be edited to remove reference to wider field and also to ensure
that it is understood that there is no pedestrian access to this historic site. BB to edit slide
and reference within the background paper and site assessment.
BB to check that background paper doesn’t state that all Green Spaces have access/
public right of way.
 It was agreed that all owners of the green spaces should be notified of the intention
to consult the public on the inclusion of these sites as Local Green Spaces in the
Neighbourhood Plan. BB to circulate draft letter w/c 4th June and to get confirmation of land
owner addresses from Parish Clerk as soon as possible. If any member of the steering group
has knowledge of the various management groups or site owners any information would be
gratefully received.
 SN to draw site boundaries or green spaces onto parish mapping tool for printing for
event. BB to liaise directly with SN about regarding printing of maps.
Minor tweaks made to survey to reflect agreed changes above. BB to circulate. There
will not be an online version only responses received over the consultation weekend will be
considered.
BB to liaise with Vale press to ensure printing of surveys and posters is carried out
week commencing 2nd July. Final edits to be made at next meeting.
Event confirmed 7th and 8th July 12:30‐16:30. Rota to be circulated by BB. Please
complete and return. I have tried to even out the time slots; on the first day there is a longer
set up time and on the second day a longer clear down time. We can leave the display
boards up overnight in between the two days.
Advertising: advert in newsletter – BB to resubmit to the editor for July issue.
o HJ to sort advert on blackboard outside village hall and put posters in shops.
o SN to sort posters and place in pubs and school via SA.
o BB to organise printing of banner for crossroads.
o SN to send flyer to Clerk to send out to farms that do not receive the village
newsletter.
HJ to check about display boards at village hall. BB has already secured 2 from parish
clerk these will hold max 12 posters could do with one more.
HJ to source tea, coffee, squash, milk, sugar, biscuits and cakes for event.
2. Update from Wychavon meeting
BB provided a brief overview of the meeting she and SN had with Wychavon – notes
attached for information.
Next meeting:
Wednesday 27th June 7:15 pm at the Village Hall, small room. Please use side access by the
garage/ bins to avoid disturbing the Cubs. There will be a number of items circulated ahead
of the next meeting. To make the best use of time can you please read through all the
information ahead of the meeting and come with comments/ amendments etc.

April Update

Minutes Honeybourne Neighbourhood Plan meeting

25/4/2018 @ 7.15pm ‐ Small meeting Room at Village Hall

Attendance

BB (BPA) WP HJ

SN MB, SS

Actions in Red

GDPR

BB reminded group of need to complete GDPR form as have to opt in to mailing list. Several

completed form on evening.BB to send reminder to wider distribution list

BB informed group that minutes of meeting or summaries are now on website. Request for SN to

remove full names and replace with initials.

Consultation event.

 BB circulated draft boards for discussion purposes. Agreed content for introduction boards

to set the scene.

 Vision and Objective boards SN to circulate latest amends to these for agreement at next

meeting .

 Housing site option boards. BB explained the housing background paper to the group and

looked back at what the community had preferred in the resident questionnaire. BB to add

information to housing introduction board about importance of allocating a site locally

rather than having site forced upon them.

 The group discussed land to rear of Harvard Road and suggested minor amends to the

boards proposed, including noise barrier id desirable remove incorrect information about

ownership and ensure it is flagged that this site is also included in the green space list. BB to

edit board.BB updated the group on the company promoting the site and their request to

attend a meeting. The group agreed that at this stage it was premature to enter into

discussions with a promotor, but suggested they are encouraged to write in with any

proposals or information. If the site is progressed further then the group will liaise with the

promoter as it is valuable to work with them to achieve shared goals.

 Land off Bretforton Road the boundaries of this site was discussed and the merits of

whether it should be stand‐alone of part of a phased scheme. Taking account of the

responses in the resident questionnaire it was felt important that it was looked at as a standalone

scheme for this plan period for approximately 15 dwellings. SN to update site

assessment to reflect these changes. BB to edit board.

 Land off Corner Farm and School Street. SN to look at where the boundaries can be drawn

taking account of the flood plain and access. BB to check various access options and share

with SN to update site assessment. It was discussed that site is adjacent to Conservation

Area, floodplain and access issues could affect how much can be delivered on this site. BB to

edit board. To be presented as 3 options.

 Local Green Space. Group liked the introduction board. BB to edit boards with correct

names. Need to add allotments WP to carry out assessment.

 SN to use mapping software to draw sites, BB to assist in setting up system.

 BB to contact Vale press re printing deadlines and costs.

 BB to source display boards

 Questionnaire discussed group would like it to be available on survey monkey as it may

improve the response rate. BB to check cost and discuss with Clerk

 Copy deadlines Honeybourne village newsletter – 18th of the month distributed last

weekend of the month.

 Village Hall available June 23rd and 24th June are free, the 30th June and 1st July and the

7th and 8th July need to agree dates and times for booking ahead of next meeting.

 BB to contact Wychavon re meeting for update on plan review and to share NDP general

direction. SN to confirm availability.

 BB to circulate updated Background papers to go on website for consultation.

 BB to circulate policy ideas on

  1. Housing mix
  2. Design
  3. Footpaths and connections ahead of next meeting.

Next meeting: Wednesday 23rd May 7:15 pm at the Village Hall, small room please use side access

by the garage/ bins to avoid disturbing the Cubs.

Minutes of Meetings 04-05-2018

Minutes Honeybourne Neighbourhood Plan meeting

25/4/2018 @ 7.15pm ‐ Small meeting Room at Village Hall

Attendance

BB (BPA) WP HJ SN MB, SS

Actions in Red

GDPR

BB reminded group of need to complete GDPR form as have to opt in to mailing list. Several completed form on evening.BB to send reminder to wider distribution list BB informed group that minutes of meeting or summaries are now on website. Request for SN to remove full names and replace with initials.

Consultation event.

 BB circulated draft boards for discussion purposes. Agreed content for introduction boards to set the scene.

 Vision and Objective boards SN to circulate latest amends to these for agreement at next meeting .

 Housing site option boards. BB explained the housing background paper to the group and looked back at what the community had preferred in the resident questionnaire. BB to add information to housing introduction board about importance of allocating a site locally rather than having site forced upon them.

 The group discussed land to rear of Harvard Road and suggested minor amends to the boards proposed, including noise barrier id desirable remove incorrect information about ownership and ensure it is flagged that this site is also included in the green space list. BB to edit board.BB updated the group on the company promoting the site and their request to attend a meeting. The group agreed that at this stage it was premature to enter into discussions with a promotor, but suggested they are encouraged to write in with any proposals or information. If the site is progressed further then the group will liaise with the promoter as it is valuable to work with them to achieve shared goals.

 Land off Bretforton Road the boundaries of this site was discussed and the merits of whether it should be stand‐alone of part of a phased scheme. Taking account of the responses in the resident questionnaire it was felt important that it was looked at as a standalone scheme for this plan period for approximately 15 dwellings. SN to update site assessment to reflect these changes. BB to edit board.

 Land off Corner Farm and School Street. SN to look at where the boundaries can be drawn taking account of the flood plain and access. BB to check various access options and share with SN to update site assessment. It was discussed that site is adjacent to Conservation Area, floodplain and access issues could affect how much can be delivered on this site. BB to edit board. To be presented as 3 options.

 Local Green Space. Group liked the introduction board. BB to edit boards with correct names. Need to add allotments WP to carry out assessment.

 SN to use mapping software to draw sites, BB to assist in setting up system.

 BB to contact Vale press re printing deadlines and costs.

 BB to source display boards

 Questionnaire discussed group would like it to be available on survey monkey as it may improve the response rate. BB to check cost and discuss with Clerk

 Copy deadlines Honeybourne village newsletter – 18th of the month distributed last weekend of the month.

 Village Hall available June 23rd and 24th June are free, the 30th June and 1st July and the 7th and 8th July need to agree dates and times for booking ahead of next meeting.

 BB to contact Wychavon re meeting for update on plan review and to share NDP general direction. SN to confirm availability.

 BB to circulate updated Background papers to go on website for consultation.

 BB to circulate policy ideas on

  1. Housing mix
  2. Design
  3. Footpaths and connections ahead of next meeting.

Next meeting: Wednesday 23rd May 7:15 pm at the Village Hall, small room please use side access by the garage/ bins to avoid disturbing the Cubs.

Minutes Honeybourne Neighbourhood Plan meeting
28/3/2018 @ 7.15pm SB’s House
Attendance
BB (BPA) WP SB
SN MB KB SS
Actions in Red
BB welcomed newcomers and gave a brief overview of Neighbourhood Planning and the stage the
group are at.
Housing Site allocations
BB reminded group of the government requirements for allocating housing sites. In order to allocate
a site it must be Suitable. For example if there are no insurmountable physical or environmental
factors which would restrict development. All the sites have been considered against a range of
criteria to assess whether or not they are suitable.
A site must also be Available so there must be evidence that a landowner or developer is willing to
sell or develop the site at a known point in the future, and within the plan period and any legal or
ownership issues should also be taken into account, such as multiple ownership.
A site must also be considered Achievable which means it must be economically viable and have
a reasonable prospect that the particular type of development will be developed on the site at a
particular point in time.
SN reported back on 6 housing site assessments that he had undertaken and the group discussed the
constraints and whether they met the government criteria. The group agreed which sites to shortlist
and take to the community for further consultation.
Land Adjacent to Harvard Avenue
This site is wet but development could improve surface water issues. The site has small amount of
the gas pipeline running under the north‐west corner of the site which could not be built on. It is
adjacent to the railway so a bund would be necessary to reduce noise. Access could be off Stratford
Road with a pedestrian link to the Bovis development to the north‐east. It has well contained
boundaries with the railway and housing surrounding it. It is locally known to be in multiple
ownership although the SHLAA database states single ownership and that the landowner is for
development. It could form a logical in keeping extension to the settlement with a few constraints
that would reduce the developable area. The group agreed to short list to show to the community as
an option.
Land off Stratford and Mickleton Road
This site is considered to be removed from the built form off the settlement and would extend
development into the open countryside. It could set a precedent for development to extend southeast
along Mickleton Road. It is not a logical extension to the village and was not supported for
housing development.
Land at Brook Farm Weston Road
The site has major fluvial and surface flood water problems that would prevent this site from being
developed. The site was not considered suitable for housing development.
Land off Bretforton Road
This site, along with Land off Corner Farm and School Street, was discussed together as part of
phased development opportunity. The landowner’s agent had provided some information about the
type of development that could take place here if supported, including a mix of housing, parking,
open space and a play area. The site would be opposite the recreation ground, it is unconstrained
and could provide an access route to the land behind Corner Farm and School Street to deliver
phased development during and beyond the plan period. The group agreed that this site should be
short listed as an option for the community to consider.
Land off Corner Farm and School Street
This site is constrained by the flood plain so the developable area is restricted in size. The floodplain
could form part of the public open space and there are several opportunities to connect the site with
footpaths back into the heart of the village. The site could as already mentioned come forward with
the land above as part of a phased plan. The group agreed that this site should be short listed as an
option for the community to consider.
Land off Weston Road at the top of the existing Grange Farm Development
This site although having few constraints was considered to be too removed from the settlement
and would encroach further into the open countryside. It is not considered to be a logical extension
to the village and was not supported for housing development.
The group agreed that information should be pulled together for the sites that have been
shortlisted, including constraints and opportunities so that the community can fully understand the
implications of selecting one of these sites. SN to update assessments with any relevant comments/
summaries, and pull together information ready for consultation to discuss at next meeting.
Local Green Space
BB gave a reminder of Government requirements for designating Local Green Space. The
designation should only be used:
 where the green space is in reasonably close proximity to the community it serves
 where the green area is demonstrably special to a local community and holds a particular
local significance, for example because of its beauty, historic significance, recreational value
(including as a playing field), tranquillity or richness of its wildlife
 where the green area concerned is local in character and is not an extensive tract of land.
WP went through all site assessments and the group agreed which sites should be short listed for
consultation with the community.
Please see attached sheet for summaries by site. In all 13 sites are suggested to be shared with the
community as the sites the group think are worthy of designating as Local Green Space. These are:
1 Area to NW of Perrie Drive on Dudley Rd Area to NW of Fernihough Rd on Dudley Road
2 Mill Mound Field
3 Triangle of land north of Mill Mound ‐ Elm Green
4 The Green ‐ Cow Honeybourne
5 The Greens of Perrie Drive & Fernihough Avenue
6 The green spaces in the Nature Reserve Area
7 Fields around the church The one with FP continuing to church (Also see Gate Inn Field
below)
8 Gate Inn Field
9 VISA ‐ New Recreation Field. Bretforton Road
10 The Leys (At end of Brick Walk)
11 Rear of Badham‘s garage
12 Open areas off Stephenson Way estate
13 Green Close ( by bungalows) WP to complete assessment
WP to update assessments with any relevant comments/ summaries and pull together information
ready for consultation to discuss at next meeting.
There will be a need to map all the sites. BB to liaise with Parish Clerk to secure online mapping tool.
Website
BB updated group on website as it is now live. SN and SB agreed to have access and update. BB sent
login details etc.SN and SB to update website as necessary.
Cycle Network
SB shared information about Salford Priors NDP vision to create a cycleway network. They are having
a meeting in April, SB to report back to group at next meeting.
Next steps
The group discussed briefly a consultation event in May or June but need to pull together work over
coming months before going out to community.
BB checked village hall availability last 2 Saturdays in June are currently free, need to confirm at next
meeting.
Next meeting
Wednesday 25th April. Venue tbc.